Labels

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alex Cabagnot OK with Arwind Santos comments: ‘He trusts me like I trust him’



AKTV file photo/Paul Ryan Tan
Just two nights ago, Arwind Santos called out fellow Petron Blaze team captain Alex Cabagnot.
On Sunday night, the Boosters lead guard came through with a big game.
Cabagnot finished with 25 points and eight assists, leading the Boosters to an important 98-95 win over Barangay Ginebra San Miguel.
“Dapat kapag gipitan na situation, guards should know when to take over. In our case, dapat kay Alex na responsibility ‘yun,” Santos told InterAKTV last Friday.
“Kulang kami sa puso. Mayroong mga maliliit na bagay pero importante na hindi namin nagagawa.”
After the game, Cabagnot said he didn’t feel bad about Santos’ remarks.
“Kilala ko na ugali ni Arwind. We’ve been playing together for quite some time now and we won championships playing together,” Cabagnot told InterAKTV in an exclusive interview.
Cabagnot said Santos’ comment indicates only one thing — trust.
“It means he trusts me to take over, especially during the crucial stretch. People got used to seeing me making those big shots, then all of a sudden, I even can’t make crucial free throws, shots which I can normally make,” said Cabagnot.
“Arwind just wants me to have the ball and take over during crucial stretch, knowing that I can make them. He trusts me the same way I trusted him. I don’t trust anybody else either to get the rebounds more than Arwind.”
Santos was happy to see Cabagnot having a solid game after a so-so performance last time around.
“Alam ko kasi ang kayang gawin ni Alex. Kaya nu’ng nakita ko yung ginagawa niya kanina, ginaganahan rin ako pati na rin yung ibang teammates namin. Gusto ko lang ilabas yung best na makikita ko sa kanya,” said Santos, who scored 22 points and grabbed 17 rebounds.

source: http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/alex-cabagnot-ok-with-arwind-santos-comments-he-trusts-me-like-i-trust-him

No comments:

Post a Comment