Labels

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chris Tiu to return for Rain or Shine in showdown with James Yap’s San Mig Coffee via AKTV



AKTV/Pranz Kaeno Billones
It will be a battle of heartthrobs when Chris Tiu makes his return for Rain or Shine on December 2 against James Yap and the rest of the San Mig Coffee Mixers.
Tiu bared his planned return in an exclusive interview with InterAKTV.
“The doctor was giving me two more weeks. I’m looking forward to playing Barangay Ginebra on Sunday, but the doctor didn’t allow me, maski limited minutes. He doesn’t want me to re-injure my hamstring,” said Tiu, who aggravated his injury in his first game with Rain or Shine against Petron last October 3.
The seventh overall pick has already started joining Elasto Painters practice.
“Sumasabay na ako sa kanila, five-on-five, drills and even sa mga set plays. I just need to get my timing and conditioning. And the good thing is, wala na akong pain na nararamdaman,” Tiu said, adding that he’s still being extra careful.
“I don’t want to over extend myself. That’s why I’m following the doctor’s advice.”
Tiu, along with another injured marquee player Paul Lee, had started dressing up in Rain or Shine uniforms during the team’s games, even though they aren’t healthy enough to play.
“They suited up and joined the warmups just to get the feel of the game,” said Elasto Painters assistant coach Caloy Garcia.
Tiu said he looks forward to his return, especially with Rain or Shine facing one of the league’s most popular teams that features the face of the PBA, James Yap.
“I’m excited in my first game back, especially because we’re meeting a team that has a big fan base and its most popular player in James Yap. But my main concern in my first game is to get myself better. I know getting myself better cannot be done overnight so I don’t expect it to happen in my first game,” said Tiu.
“But our remaining games will be a good opportunity for me to pick up my game in time for the quarterfinal round because after our game against San Mig Coffee, two games na lang kami sa elims.”

Source: http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/chris-tiu-to-return-for-rain-or-shine-in-showdown-with-james-yaps-san-mig-coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment